- "Romania Investors Day": over 30 global frontier and emerging markets funds gathered at yearly conference in New York City on the 19th of April,
- 13 Romanian companies in meetings with investors,
- Ludwik Sobolewski, BVB CEO: "Romanian capital market in recent years is a captivating story, which accelerates as we are building up premises for the historical upgrade of its international status",
- Lucian Anghel, BVB Chairman of the Board: "Romania has made a giant step when implementing a profound market reform and as a consequence it was included on FTSE Russell’s Emerging Markets Watchlist. The entire local capital market and the country does and will largely benefit from this process",
- BVB representatives in talks with the teams of FTSE Russell and S&P Dow Jones Indices in New York, two renowned institutions for the countries and markets classifications and global indexes composition.
Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) and its partners continue promoting Romania internationally as the main investment destination among the world’s most attractive capital markets in front of investors who gathered in New York for the yearly conference, "Romania Investor Day".
The companies that take part in the 2017 investors’ conference are: Banca Transilvania, BRD Gr. Soc-Gen, Aeroporturi Bucuresti, Bursa de Valori Bucuresti, Electrica, Fondul Proprietatea, Hidroelectrica, MedLife, Nuclearelectrica, Romgaz, Salrom, Transelectrica and Transgaz.
The event was attended by 43 investors, representing 32 investment funds, managing over USD 750bn, who met 13 Romanian companies. "Romania Investor Day", held for the third consecutive time in New York, took place on April 19th, 2017.
The main partners of the Bucharest Stock Exchange, representing financial institutions, for the organization of the 2017 New York conference, were conference were Fondul Proprietatea, Franklin Templeton Investments, Banca Comerciala Romana, Erste Group and Auerbach Grayson.
On the 20th of April, BVB representatives held talk with representatives of FTSE Russell and S&P Dow Jones Indices, about the perspectives and conditions for the upgrade of the Romanian capital market to the status of the Emerging Market, thus continuing dialog with those renowned agencies. A working meeting with MSCI is planned for the first decade of May in Europe.
During the meetings the following developments of the Romanian stock market were presented and discussed:
• BVB as the market of choice for large-size transactions of the secondary and primary market (proven by the block and "accelerated book building" transactions executed in 2017, and the MedLife IPO),
• High dividends yields, supported by the enhancement of the corporate governance and the quality of management of BVB-listed companies,
• Progress in formation of the local institutional capital,
• Current IPO pipeline, especially of privately-owned companies,
• Standard conditions for global investors to open securities accounts in the Romanian system of accounts, allowing them to take part in the IPO market in a quick and efficient manner,
• Sustainable growth of the Romanian GDP and the macroeconomic perspectives,
• Potential to improve the market liquidity residing in the liquidation of the "dormant accounts", development of the lending and borrowing of securities and the chances offered by the consolidation of the trading architecture after the absorption of the second market operator by BVB,
• Decisions of the BVB shareholders on the fees of the market operator, further decreasing the direct cost of access to the market, and promoting the competitiveness of the capital market, in line with the expectations towards a market aspiring to become a new emerging market.