Over 400 representatives of the capital market, financial industry and entrepreneurs attended one of the most important events of the year for the capital market in Romania. Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) announced the winners of the Capital Market Awards at the Inauguration of the Stock Exchange Year 2017. This year, Bucharest Stock Exchange granted awards in nine categories, out of which three were voted by the public, who had cast about 3,500 votes.
„When we look back at 2016, the capital market had a very good year to remember from several points of view. The Romanians have received a boost of confidence to invest more, directly or indirectly, on the local stock exchange when FTSE London included Romania in the Watchlist four months ago or when the largest Initial Public Offer of a private company took place less than two months ago. To all these, we should add that the first month of 2017 was the best month of January since 2012 as far as the value of the trades is concerned,” said Lucian Anghel, chairman of the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
The Capital Market Awards 2016:
- BVB Member with the Highest Share in Turnover on Equities in 2016: Wood & Company - for being the Bucharest Stock Exchange participant that recorded the highest equity trading value (RON 4.5 billion or 24% of total turnover) last year
- Local BVB Member with the Highest Share in Turnover on Equities in 2016: Swiss Capital – for being the Bucharest Stock Exchange participant, based in Romania that registered in 2016 the highest trading value on the equity markets, namely RON 3 billion (representing 17% of the total shares traded for the year)
- Best Independent Broker for Retail Investors - BVB Special Award: Tradeville – for being one of the most active brokers for retail, that were actively engaged in many initiatives, and also having an important role for retail participation in public offerings last year
- Promoting the Innovation on Capital Markets: Raiffeisen Centrobank – for the launching of warrants, a new product on the Bucharest Stock Exchange
- The Most Traded Stock on the Main Market in 2016 – company award: Banca Transilvania – for being the most traded share on BVB in 2016 (about RON 2.2 billion)
- Best Communication and IR in 2016 of a listed company (voted by the public): Banca Transilvania
- Best Educational Initiative in Capital Markets in 2016 (voted by the public): Fluent in Finance
- Best Broker for Retail in 2016 (voted by the public): BT Capital Partners
- Capital Market Institution of the Year: NN Group and Raiffeisen Bank - for being the leading institutions to support the most important transactions and events of the capital market
The Inauguration of the Stock Exchange Year is an annual event organized by the Bucharest Stock Exchange, which in 2017 reached the fourth edition. The Gala is one of the benchmark events on the Romanian capital market, which marks the beginning of a new investment year and awards the achievements of the previous year.
The 2017 edition of the Inauguration of the Stock Exchange Year is supported by Mazars and Raffeisen Bank. Media partners of the event are Agerpres and New Money.
Bucharest Stock Exchange runs markets for shares, bonds and other instruments, through regulated platforms and alternative systems, and provides a wide range of services to participants of financial markets. Bucharest Stock Exchange is a public company, listed on its own market since 2010. For more information refer to www.bvb.ro.
For further information: Daniela Serban, Director IR&PR, +4.0742.242.662, email@example.com.